FAQ’s of Formal Styles
What to Mention When Booking an Updo / Formal Style
- What style you would like, what the occasion is and how long your hair is.
- Mention any hair extensions as extra time is needed. If you wish to have extensions or hair pieces and do not have them, you should book a consultation to have them ready for the occasion.
- Request a trial or consultation if you need one. If you are booking appointments for others, be sure to know what type of style they are looking for, in order to book sufficient time.
- Some stylists will do on location styling or take reservations outside of business hours by special request. Prices vary depending on location and time required. Inquire within.
- A credit card must be given for parties of 3 or more. Your card will be charged the full amount if there’s any no shows or last min cancellations.
- Cancellations or changes to your appointment must be notified to us at least 24 hours prior to the appointment.
The Day Of Your Trial or Consultation
- Come in with clean dry hair
- Wear a button- up top or something that can be removed with ease without disturbing the style.
- Bring hair accessories, extensions and photos of your desired style.
- You may wish to bring your dress to dress at the salon. If you do please notify us of this ahead of time, so we can be sure to have an area prepared for you.
- If you wish to take your veil out part way through the day, have your stylist show someone in your party how to take it out without disturbing the style.
Maintaining Your Look All Day
- If a bobby pin feels loose, push it back into place, never pull it out, every pin has a purpose.
- Carry a small travel size spray, we recommend Redken Quick Dry 18 or Forceful 23.
- Do not touch your hair, natural oils from our skin softens the hold of any style.
Please call the salon to find out more about Hair F/X Wedding Services.
*Please note we are closed saturdays of the long weekends (may-sept)*